Sunday 3 May 2015

New Miniatures Project from Oxfam

Well I'm quite pleased & busy plotting my latest addition to my dolls house & miniatures collection. My father bought this on my behalf from Oxfam on Wednesday. The poor old lass is a half completed project & it's a bit out of sync with itself... And so I decided almost instantly it's to be created into a 1930s/1940s wartime house that's suffered serious bomb damage on one half. This will have caused the roof to partially collapse, taking part of the bedroom floor & crashed down into the kitchen below. I'm already seeing a pantry door hanging half off, stores & provisions on show in the back corner. Perhaps the chimney tilting at a threatening angle.... Rats in the rubble & a dog going after them.... Don't worry the family who live there are fine, I don't kill my characters on a miniatures scene based on real life. However like with The Grime Reaper & Zombie Graveyard scene anything goes ;-)
I've always been interested in the social history of World War 2 & this would be a chance to bring it to life. Research & build, they'd have a mix of prewar furniture & some Utility furniture too.
The house came with 5 lights all working, loads of miniature electric extension cables which also work (hence the lit photos!) & a whole bag of bits & pieces including windows, doors, wallpaper rolls, hinges & moulding pins. I actually need the extension cables for the electrics on the Dark Dreams house.
And so, another surprise project has arrived! The entire front requires rebuilding & there's some structural support work required. But that will work with the bomb damage & instead of being hidden will be a feature in itself . It'll be a LONG time til this old lass is Finished but I enjoy the the plotting, planning & research. The building of various aspects & creating of the miniatures to go in. As I write more ideas are running through my head.... ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment