Friday 24 April 2015

And then there was light....

Quite damn chuffed with how the lighting suddenly worked out in the Goblin Treasure House. The lights are a 2m metal wired micro rice bulb system (actually submersible!) which has 20 lights spread out & the Goblin Treasure House scene is in a lantern with glass panels on each side, & the glass is secured like that of a picture frame, small folding pieces of metal. Suddenly in designing the hidey hole for the battery box I got hit with a Different idea to that which I'd worked on all along. Instead of immediately running the wire up the side to the roof & having the lights shine down, I have run the wire Around the bottom of lantern using those metal pieces to tuck the cable behind! Then run it up the side & around the Top of the glass panels using the metal clips again. From there it then coils twice around 3 hooks hanging from the ceiling & this sudden idea out of the blue has meant that the scene will be lit from the bottom, from above, then right down on. I'm still gobsmacked at how the 'urk' of the last 2 weeks suddenly became a 'fuck me I'm a genuis' big grin result :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment