Saturday 9 August 2014

Remembering Ruth ...


Quite a few of the pieces in the Beds, Knobs & Broomsticks house remind me of people & some were given to me by them. It is 4 years since Ruth died tomorrow & her sister gave me some of her jewellery to remember her by & I always wear some of it on the anniversary that she died. There was a lovely little dragon pendant that I couldn't wear as I'd be allergic to it & so in memory of Ruth, I painted up this little dragon & placed him in the witchy shop.
 
 
He is sitting on glow in the dark eggs that I made from Fimo. Obviously dragon eggs glow due to the heat of the dragonets inside ;-) The photo shows the dragon & eggs drying after gluing in place & in the shop they sit under the dresser near a tank of toads. I think Ruth would have been quite pleased & I Know she would be happy to know there is also a Bagpuss plaque on the wall of the kinky bedroom too-I'm just sad that she never got to see that room finished.

 
Remembering Ruth Jenkins died 10th August 2010 aged 43

No comments:

Post a Comment